Location: Greensboro, NC view all jobs
- Performs in-process and final mechanical and assembly inspection. Responsible for day-to-day activities in support of the mechanical and assembly manufacturing departments. Performance will be on an entry level to moderate level basis, dealing of technical problems or low to moderate scope, with moderate supervision. The successful Candidate will be expected to be fully supportive or Honda Aircraft Company Values, Honda Philosophy, and Lean Manufacturing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the HACI Quality System.
- Perform in-process inspection in accordance with Type Design, Work Orders, and internal procedures.
- Perform final inspection per customer and company requirements.
- Write Quality Notification as necessary for non-conforming product and assist in determining corrective action.
- Maintain positive working relationships with other departments.
- Help manufacturing troubleshoot problems as they occur.
- Control the accuracy of quality assurance records.
- Peroform first piece and/or first article inspections.
- Cross training with other inspectors that includes incoming or other inspection.
Education, Work Experience, Certification, and/or Licensure:
- Associate degree (Technical) and/or minimum 2 years' quality or manufacturing related experience including mechanical and/or composite, and/or systems assembly. One year of direct aircraft quality experience potentially may be substituted for each year of college.
- A&P license required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to communicate effectively with other personnel.
- Proficiency in the use of basic manufacturing inspection equipment. This includes but not limited to: calipers, micrometers, plug (and thread gages) and electronic height gages.
- Experienced in blue print reading including true-positional tolerancing.
- Familiarity with machining operations including CNC, milling and grinding.
- Strong computer knowledge.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with CMM and coordinate measuring machines.
- Experience with an ISO 9001 quality system.
- Training in Lean Manufacturing.
- Experience in first article inspections.
- Familiarity with aircraft manufacturing including composites, sheet metal and machining.
- SAP experience.
- Incumbents may be routinely exposed to equipment operational noise heat-cold-dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts or fuel odors.
- Incumbents may be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend, climb ladders, move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods with no restrictions as required by job duties.
- Work in a safe and professional manner while adhering to all regulatory requirements (FAA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, State, and Federal Regulations) etc.
- Read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
- Comprehend and adhere to management directions and/or safety instructions with no restrictions.
- Effectively communicate in Business English language.
- Pull, push, carry, lift or move items up to 10 lbs. throughout the work shift without assistance, as required by job duties.
- Pull, push, carry, lift or move materials/people/items/equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. or more during the work shift, with the use of company provided "reach assistance technology" or "movement assist technology" (fork-lifts, pallet jacks, pulleys, dolly's, robotics reach equipment, people movers, etc.) as required by job duties.
North American HQ for Honda Jet Aircraft.
As an employee of Aeroteams, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get and Aeroteams offers two different referral programs to our employees. Our Recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. We are looking for the top candidates to join our growing team environment.
Ref No. 2130035423
Contact: Aeroteams Jobs
1 (866) 869-7656